Monday, February 17, 2014

H. L. Mencken Graveside Memorial 2014

Last year I attended the Mencken graveside service at Loudon Park Cemetery in Baltimore.

This year I missed the event, but thanks to the magic of cameras and youtube, I was able to watch it online. And you can too.



I wish the Friends of the Mencken House would do a better job promoting their events. I have also suggested to them that they could increase their membership numbers by making it possible to join their organization online. I would pay the $40 membership fee if I could use Paypal instead of having to dig out my checkbook (I think I still have one somewhere) and mail them a check (do I even have any stamps?). I have suggested to them several times that this would increase their numbers and attract younger supporters. No one ever does anything. Maybe someone over there will see this and setup an online membership application. I could do it for them, if they think it is too hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pourquoi auriez vous besoin d'une arme chez vous . Only a handful of fire tornadoes rivaling the scale of the one in Redding have been recorded, Lareau said.. I explained everything to my parents an hour later over dinner at the restaurant where we were supposed to have had our reception.

The coaches had a special package named for them the "Carter Package." They'd send out the three cousins to play on the defensive line, and each time, "100 percent (the quarterback) was gonna get got."Davidson's confidence wasn't the best when mixed with his attitude.

Perhaps they are the things that help us survive Cheap Nike Air Force 1 and Cheap Yeezy Shoes Sale stay sane through the hard times.Dilcy Windham Hilley, the daughter of the late and great Kathryn Tucker Windham, the tale telling savant and ghost story laureate of Alabama, told me she doesn't know how her mom would have reacted to these "strange uncomfortable times," but she would have found a way to laugh, and to be grateful for those kindnesses."As she grew old and surrendered driving, people took to bringing her 'gifts' of all sorts to lift her spirits," Hilley said.

We had to make it work. The CDC now recommends no travel on commercial flights nor shared transportation with noncruise guests."This will unfortunately result in further delays in disembarkation and onward travel for many guests as we work through this complex, challenging and unfortunate situation," the cruise line said Sunday.

Women are no better than farm animals MK Outlet in treatment. I think that's the best way to do it. Schizophr touristique : on attire les gens avec le nom Escobar, Jordan Shoes For Sale puis, sur Yeezy Shoes For Sale place, on efface Air Force 1 In Store tout ce New Air Jordan Shoes qu'on peut de lui. This is the first time fans of Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) were introduced to Coach Outlet Clearance all the Infinity Stones and the losers club of superheroes..