Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Law Office of William Cooke, LLC

Criminal defense attorney Maryland
I started out my legal career working as an Assistant State's Attorney in Baltimore City, prosecuting cases. After doing that for nearly four years, I decided to switch things up and join the other side. For nearly 10 years, I worked as an Assistant Public Defender in Anne Arundel County. Both jobs were challenging, in different ways. Both were also great jobs, in different ways. I especially enjoyed being a public defender where I had the opportunity to help people directly, without having to worry about getting paid.

Despite this, after much thought and reflection over the years, I came to the conclusion that I would be at my best in private practice. After investigating the practicalities of this and setting aside enough money to keep me afloat for a while, I resigned as a public defender and set up my office here in Annapolis.

Annapolis lawyer William Cooke
My focus is on criminal law, but I will take other cases. If I don't think I can help you, I can refer you to an attorney who can. While I am based in Annapolis, I am willing to take cases anywhere in the State of Maryland. The website for my firm is at http://www.williamcookelaw.com. My phone number is 410-905-2185. Please leave a message if I do not pick up. The initial consultation is free. My office is located at 150 South Street, Suite 207, Annapolis MD 21401. I do not recommend just stopping by without setting an appointment as I expect to be in court, and thus out of the office, often. I am happy to setup a weekend and evening appointments, if necessary. There is plenty of street parking around South Street, although you may need to walk a few feet.

Please give me a call or send me an email if you or a loved one has any sort of legal problem. 

No comments: